Hyderabad: Massive fire broke out at Nehru Zoological Park on Monday morning. It damaged two acres of land in the zoo.
According to the report published in TOI, firefighter struggled two hours to douse the fire. Chandulal Baradari Fire Station came into action after receiving an emergency call from the Zoo at 10:45 a.m.
It is also reported that due to the fire accident, several trees are reduced to ashes.
Talking about the incident, District Fire Officer for Hyderabad, Mr. Srinivas Reddy told that firefighters rushed to the spot immediately after getting the information but due to strong winds, the fire had spread.
Preliminary reports suggest that the incident took place due to the burning of dry grass. However, fire officials suspect that negligent smoking is the cause of the accident.
Fire Dept. officials said that the reasons for this incident are not yet confirmed.