Hyderabad: 2 children critical after accidentally drinking acid

Hyderabad: Two brothers aged 8 and 3 are in critical condition after they drank acid, mistaken as water. The elder one studies in Sacred Heart School and their grandmother who works there as a help had kept the acid bottle near the drinking water on Thursday.

The incident occurred near Mothkur in Mahbubnagar district. G. Yellamma had taken her grandson, Manikanta, 3, to the school, where Sagar, 8, is a Class II student, reports HT.
“During the break between 10 and 10.30 am, Sagar came to see his younger brother and both went to drink water and drank the diluted acid,” said Mothkur SI Satyanarayana.

School authorities were alerted as they noticed both of them vomiting. Hence, the children were sent to a corporate hospital, where their condition is stated to be critical. Police booked a case under IPC Section 284 (negligence with respect to poisonous substance) on the grandmother.