NEW DELHI: In what can be termed as another nightmarish and horrible experience for people travelling in Indian Railways, a passenger was served with a ‘bugged pakoda’ in Bihar Sampark Kranti Express pantry.
Mohammad Azad Ali, who was travelling in Sampark Kranti Express in Coach S-9 was shocked when he found “horrible looking bug” on the ‘pakoda’ which was served to him by the train’s pantry service. The incident took place on August 2.
“I could have easily missed the bug inside the pakoda, which had been served by a pantry car vendor in an impeccably clean packet. After feeding a few morsels to my four-year-old son, the insect suddenly became visible,” Ali told Hindustan Times.
Incidents of dead insects, vermin being found in food served by Indian Railways are happening on the daily basis.
In another such incident, another passenger experienced the same horrible experience when he found out a cockroach after they took food services of the Indian Railways. The passenger was a resident of Mumbai and travelling from Goa to Mumbai in May.
The counting doesn’t end here. A dead lizard shocked another Indian Railways passenger in a Biryani that was served.
The quality just doesn’t seem to improve and such cases continue to happen even after the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) after their survey of food being served by Indian Railways mentioned that it was unfit for consumption.
But amidst all this when the passengers are creating hue and cry, it’s hard to say whether the concerned authorities are taking any action to curb all this.
With agencies inputs