New Delhi: Using curd and lemon, or getting a hot oil massage during winter months, can prevents hair fall and dandruff, says an expert.
Rahul Agarwal, CEO, Organic Harvest, has shared home remedies:
* Curd and lemon: This combination helps you to reduce hair fall and acts as a natural conditioner during the winter season. It cures dryness of the scalp and reduces dandruff. Squeeze a few drops of lemon in curd and apply on your hair as a mask. Let it dry and then rinse.
* Hot oil massage: To regain strength and shine of your hair, massage your scalp with hot oil. It nourishes the hair skin and helps your scalp against winter winds.
* Oil and camphor: To keep your head and hair cool, mix small amount of camphor and oil and apply it on your scalp. It reduces dandruff and the itchiness on the scalp.
* Steam: This helps you regain the moisture content and strengthens your hair. It opens the follicles of hair so that they can absorb more nutrients. Above all, steam helps in healthy hair growth, reduces hair fall and makes them shine.
* Neem and coconut oil: It acts as anti-fungal oil against the fungus that affects scalp, which makes it red and extremely itchy. Neem and coconut oil together becomes an antiseptic against dandruff and scalp irritation.
* Neem paste and curd: A mix of neem leaf paste with curd, when applied on the scalp reduces hair fall, prevents the greying and boosts up hair growth.