Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Title: Technical Office Manager
Location: ITC Riyadh
Reporting to: PM/DPM
Responsible for: Head of Department/Specialists
The Technical Office Manager holds the responsibility for and management of all design reviews, processes, and procedures. Manage and Lead a multi-disciplinary engineering and design review team for project construction. Coordinate and liaise with stake holders on all projects related budgets, managerial & design review decisions during the project’s life cycle.
As part of the senior management team, the incumbent holds the responsibility to liaise and coordinate with the Program Director and the rest of the senior management team/peers with all matters related to operational issues required for the success of the program in accordance with the client expectations.
As part of the Head Office team, the incumbent also holds the responsibility to assist in the setting, implementing, monitoring, and reporting of all required management reports and KPIs for the particular department in accordance to the program’s procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
1. Review and coordination of all engineering design submittals from contractors, as well as following up site supervision, design conflicts and variation orders for the client.
2. Review technical submissions and design layouts as well as material submittals from contractors.
3. Lead, by example, the team of multi-disciplinary Section Chiefs and engineers by delegating work according to specialism, project priorities, technical challenges and contractual milestones.
4. Plan and maintain project budgets and schedule planning activities with team and managers.
5. Attend progress and technical meetings, discuss and suggest technical proposals.
6. Take part in project and risk management reviews.
7. Coordinate between the construction and contractors’ engineering teams ensuring that all requirements are conveyed clearly and delivered upon.
8. Coordinate with quantity surveyors or payment appreciations and change orders.
9. Manage the Technical Office teams on Technical and Department issues.
10. Supervise the review and approvals of shop drawings, Material Submittals with respect to the project Specification and Standards of practice submitted by contractors.
11. Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works
12. Review the contractor’s List of Deliverables (Submittal of Drawings, design and Materials) as well as ensures the compliance with the contract and project requirements.
13. Liaise with the project control manager on the performance measures related to the technical part.
14. Review Contractor’s proposed sub-contractor(s) associated with the various engineering packages.
15. Support review of subcontractors’ invoices, when required for technical assistance.
16. Documenting project issues/conditions.
17. Monitoring, coaching and developing the Section Chiefs and Engineering team members.
18. Maintaining organized and detailed project records.
Person Specification – Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
1. A degree from an internationally recognized University in Civil or Architectual Engineering.
2. A minimum of 20 years’ experience within Technical Office Managerial position.
3. The capability to deal daily with a multi-cultural work force.
4. Fluency in both verbally and written English.
5. Western nationalites will be prefered for this job role.
About the Company
ITALCONSULT is an Italian engineering consulting company established in Rome in 1957 by the largest industrial groups of that time for giving evidence throughout the world of the Italian know-how and capacity to perform engineering. From December 2012, the Company has a new share structure formed by Bevilacqua Engineering Group, actively operating in Italy in the sector of public and private transport infrastructure (with construction costs amounting to more than 12 billion US$ in the last ten years) through the Companies SIS S.p.A. Studio di Ingegneria Stradale and A&S, Autostrade e Strade Engineering S.p.A., now merged into ITALCONSULT, and two groups representatives of the Italian excellence in the economic and financial fields: Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., one of the biggest Italian bank very active in supporting infrastructure investments and also in foreign activities (countries of Central Eastern Europe, Middle East and Northern Africa), and Tecnoinvestimenti Srl, belonging to the Italian Chambers of Commerce through TECNOHOLDING S.p.A., enjoying their own national and international network able to foster investment initiatives and programmes as well as to activate bilateral technical-commercial agreements.