Potential Max Consultants
We are looking for a Retail fitouts Manager with good experience in new store openings of supermarkets and hypermarkets. This job is for our client who runs a chain of supermarkets and the job is based in Angola, Africa.
The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Design supermarket layout in liaise with Operations Director to meet operational flow and requirements, i.e. loss prevention and physical stock flow.
• Develop and maintain new store opening and refit project plan to meet target store opening dates within budget, without any business disruption.
• Identify operational equipment requirements including installation sources from outside and inside Angola minimizing the investment.
• Develop budget for new store opening and refits, take through senior management approval and track spend on a weekly basis to report to Operations Director.
• Actively manage procurement process from finding the right suppliers, through quotation, selection, contracting, sourcing, receiving and installation. As part of procurement ensure maintenance and warranty contracts.
• Make sure that all the Store’s assets are in proper working condition and are maintained regularly.
• Find and contract maintenance resources internally or outsourced. Put a preventive maintenance plan in place and ensure service providers comply with it to maximize the performance of the operational equipment, for example refrigeration, generator, forklift etc.
• Build a small maintenance team to deal with small issues that requires quick repair, for example lighting, water leakage, butchery saw change, short circuit, generator filter/oil change etc. to minimize the customer impact of operational equipment break downs.
• Record break downs on a log to measure maintenance performance and minimize repair cost by working with the right service providers, suppliers.
• Implement work safety steps for the staff who work with equipment.
• Find best quotation for the consumables, forecast consumption to optimize purchasing for timely and low cost supply.
• Train the technicians and equipment using staff for long equipment life
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years managerial experience in new store openings, refits, procurement and maintenance management. Fluency in Portuguese and/or Arabic is a plus. Excellent communication skills in English is mandatory.
About the Company
Potential Max is a new age consultancy aimed at enhancing personal creativity and productivity, personal and professional growth as well as knowledge transfer and potential development among mid and senior level employees and professionals. Potential Max operates in 5 broad areas. These are: – Executive Recruitment – HR Services – Business Coaching and Executive and Life coaching – Training and Development – Retail Consultancy services. Based in the United Arab Emirates, Potential Max addresses the needs of clients across the Middle East as well as the Indian sub continent.