Atkins Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for an experienced Quality Assurance & Control Manager to form part of the Project Management Consultant (PMC) Project Team based in Fadhili, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The main objective of the PMC is to oversee the Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) Contractor, implement and manage the overall Development Programme, which includes on-site and off-site infrastructure works, and the design, build, own, operate and transfer (BOOT) of a Bachelor Camp.
The team shall be expected to assist the Client in ensuring the project is completed within the required timescale, budget and achieve the Client’s quality requirements. The project is expected to last for approximately 3 years.
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom 400 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
• Advise, guide and support managers in the implementation of Quality Assurance and Control practices both on site and within the office environment
• Prepare and develop the overall project Quality Assurance Plan, and effectively monitor implementation of QA / QC guidelines and procedures during the project lifecycle
• Review EPC Contractor’s Quality Assurance Plan, and provide feedback and recommendation as necessary
• Ensure that the EPC Contractor, Sub-contractors, and other members of the project team observer Quality Assurance guidelines, and report violations of procedures
• Establish a document coding structure for all documents as required
• Establish the permit approval system as required
• Establish and maintain consistent and adequate administration procedures to ensure that all information is current and that the Project Team receives the latest information
• Ensure that electronic and hard-copy project documentation is filed and stored in a methodicial and secure manner, and establish archiving procedures as required
• Conduct periodic Quality Assurance Audits
• Audit documentation to ensure adherence to guidelines and procedures
• Review documentation and provide feedback on how documentation could be improved
• Audit flow of documentation to verify that processes, procedures and flow charts set up for the Project have been followed
• Provide recommendation how the processes, procedures and flow charts could be improved
• Monitor forms usage, ensure that adequate site records are maintained, and provide Non-Conformance Records (NCRs) as required
• Audit processes and procedures, the issuance and follow up of NCRs and monitor trends to verify that meaningful corrections and corrective actions are proposed, approved and implemented in a timely manner, to prevent recurrence
• Prepare and maintain relevant QA / QC logs
• Prepare applicable QA / QC reports
• Ensure that appropriate QA / QC procedural training is delivered
• Carry out analysis on lessons learned
• Manage and menitor QA / QC Auditor(s) as necessary
• Degree qualified: BSc, BEng, BA or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience with 3 years being in a similar role
• The successful Quality Assurance & Control Manager will be a qualified professional who has a proven track record of developing QA / QC guidelines, and effectively managing the implementation and adherence of procedures
• Possess a comprehensive knowledge of project control procedures
• Highly self-motivated and professional
• Contribute and share ideas, and support others
• Able to plan and organise, prioritising own workload
• Have a “well-rounded profile”; self-assertive, capable of planning activities, analysing information, overseeing processes, coordinating with Contractors and effective management of staff
• Effective in building good working relationships with the Client, Contractors and the Project Team
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance
• Transportation allowance
• 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 days working week)
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme (as per the Saudi Labour law)
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to: focus on quality seek world class design and excellence strive to add value be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).