Rabigh, Al-Ahsa and Makkah, Saudi Arabia
• Leading General Contracting Firm
• Locations: Rabigh, Al-Ahsa and Makkah, Saudi Arabia
• Competitive Expatriate Salary Package + Benefits
Our client, a leading Tier 1 general contracting firm with regional MENA operations, has secured numerous key commercial building projects and now seek to expand their resource capability in key leadership roles. They now seek to appoint 3 x Project Managers across the Kingdom across three key projects. These roles are responsible for planning, directing and managing all the activities, processes and day to day operations of projects to ensure that the execution is in accordance with the project plans, quality and budgets.
The projects comprise:
• Al Ahsa (Eastern Province): University Hospital valued at SAR540M that comprises two buildings over an area of 180,000 sq. m. (EPC).
• Rabigh (Western Region): 180 Residential Villas in compound at King Abdullah Economic City in. Scope comprises the construction of furnished villas and surrounding infrastructure valued at SAR220+M.
• Makkah: University Hospital valued at SAR300M.
Reporting to the COO / Project Director and managing a project team, this role is responsible for the following:
• Provide general management, operational and technical direction to subordinates with regards to the various aspects & phases of the project to ensure professional and timely execution of the project within the allocated resources and budgets.
• Assumes complete responsibility of the project planning, execution and monitoring activities through managing delivery in accordance to project set time, quality and budget.
• Coordinate with the operations department / engineering department in providing the detailed shop drawings for projects.
• Ensures that material supplies from both suppliers & subcontractors are in accordance with project specifications, requirements and conditions.
• Ensures that material quantities and specifications in accordance with the project agreement and that these quantities are delivered on time.
• Checks and ensures that the project management team is working in harmony and is focused on executing the project within allocated specifications, requirements, time and approved budget.
• Ensures that the daily and weekly planning schedules are prepared and adhered to by the project management team.
• Monitors and resolves any issues or notifications concerning project execution.
• Monitors and resolves any issues or notifications raised by the clients, consultant and/or subcontractor concerning the project execution.
• Coordinates and liaises with respective company departments to ensure smooth flow of work in the project without any hindrances and problems and support related company departments in performing their monitoring and controlling tasks (inspections, audits, etc.).
• Reports and provides periodical reports to COO / Project director / PMO on project progress, performance, issues, client satisfaction and financial position in order to facilitate decision making within the region.
• Conducts meetings with clients, subcontractors and project management team on regular basis to discuss areas of concern and review progress and resolve any issues.
• Communicates and discusses the functions guidelines and procedures with project employees to ensure responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities are defined and understood.
• Provides guidance, support, leadership and management to the project employees to ensure effective flow of work and ensures that all employees recognize their fundamental roles to achieve the firm’s overall organizational objectives.
• Ensure safety at project work locations.
• Monitors the adherence of project employees to the company’s guidelines, policies & procedures.
• Ensures effective project performance through the selection, development, deployment and motivation of competent staff.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Construction or comparable with a minimum of 10 years of relevant project management experience with a strong background in large scale commercial projects including hospitals, residential, airports, high rise tower and city developments. Must be a proven performer in the achievement of deadlines and targets.
• Candidates from an international contracting background are preferred and specifically from within the GCC markets.
• Professional Certificate (i.e.) PMP is highly desirable.
• The communicator we seek must possess strong leadership skills, negotiation abilities, analytical skills essential as well as accuracy and attention to detail.
• Bilingual language skills in English and Arabic would be highly regarded but not essential for all positions.
• This role is for a 6 day working week on site.
A competitive salary package will be offered to attract exceptional candidates to this growth organization.
About the Company
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through ‘best fit candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.