IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380, 000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Business Unit Introduction:
“Truven Health Analytics, an IBM Company, is a leading provider of cloud- based healthcare data, analytics and insights acquired by IBM Watson Health in April 2016 to help optimize IBM offerings for value- based care and government solutions.”
Truven Health Analytics delivers the answers that clients need to improve healthcare quality and access while reducing costs. We provide market- leading performance improvement built on data integrity and empirical truth. For more than 30 years, our insights and solutions have been providing hospitals and clinicians, employers and health plans, state and federal government agencies, life sciences firms, and policymakers the facts they need to make confident decisions that directly affect the health and well- being of people and organizations in the U.S. and around the world.Truven Health Analytics owns some of the most trusted brands in healthcare, such as MarketScan, 100 Top Hospitals, Advantage Suite, Micromedex, Simpler, ActionOI, Heartbeat Experts, and JWA. Truven Health has its principal offices in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Chicago; and Denver. For more information, please visit truvenhealth.com.
In April 2015, IBM launched IBM Watson Health and the Watson Health Cloud platform. The new unit will work with doctors, researchers and insurers to help them innovate by surfacing insights from the massive amount of personal health data being created and shared daily. The Watson Health Cloud can mask patient identities and allow for information to be shared and combined with a dynamic and constantly growing aggregated view of clinical, research and social health data. IBM Watson Health uses Cognitive Computing to tackle some of humanity’s most challenging problems like revolutionizing how doctors research cancer or transforming how businesses engage with their customers.
IBM Watson Health business unit is now looking for talented individuals for Truven Health destined to usher in the next era of healthcare.”
Who you are:
Highly qualified and experienced software engineer who is committed to producing quality software as part of a highly collaborative team under the direction of team and departmental leadership. Ideal candidate will follow all departmental and industry best practices including – continuous integration, code quality (zero escaped defect ideal) , efficiency (throughput and elimination/ minimization of waste) , test automation, etc. Will also be responsible for a leadership and mentorship role to lesser experienced developers.
What you’ll do:
• The Principal Software Engineer / Java Developer influences and impacts the architecture, standards, and design of key product initiatives.
• Contribute as a senior individual contributor within a team of top engineers
• Work in a dynamic, fast- paced, Agile team environment
• Adopt quality assurance practices to include following an appropriate modeling methodology; helping to establish department standards and procedures; reviewing and critiquing data models produced by others, participating in walkthroughs and audits; ensuring appropriate documentation is produced at all points in the process;
• Pursue continuous improvements based on lessons learned and industry best practices. All processes include consideration for data integrity and data quality;
• Ensure work product deliverables are accurate and delivered on a timely basis;
• Participate in both business and IT planning, and in the development and management of project plans;
• Understand the goals and risks associated with the business and technical requirements, and offer counsel on risk mitigation and the alignment of data solution with objectives;
• Educate project team members and the business community on the impact of proposed and alternative data solution and technologies;
• Demonstrate a team orientation by working closely and effectively with business partners, development teams and outside services;
• Demonstrate solid business and organizational skills, and leadership in the use of data analysis and design tools and methodologies.
How we ll help you grow:
• You ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
• You ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
• You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software – Other
Role Category: Technical Architect
Role: Technical Architect
developmentquality assuranceagileconsultinganalyticsdata analysishealthcare
Education:UG -B.Tech/B.E. – Computers
PG – Any Postgraduate
Doctorate – Any Doctorate – Any Specialization, Doctorate Not Required
IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India’s solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances.
IBM has been expanding its footprint in India – and has a presence in over 200 cities and towns across the country – either directly or through its strong business partner network. IBM India has clearly established itself as one of the leaders in the Indian Information Technology (IT) Industry – and continues to transform itself to align with global markets and geographies to grow this leadership position. Widely recognised as an employer of choice, IBM holds numerous awards for its industry-leading employment practices and policies.
The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
To know more about business units at IBM India, click on the About Us link above.