This vacancy is with a European Systems Integrator who have successfully won and delivered contracts on some of the most prestigious construction projects in Qatar in recent years (Doha International Airport/ Hamad Port Project/ Sports Stadia. The company has technical expertise in consulting, designing, delivering and managing critical infrastructure projects where they integrate IT, security, communication, building management, automation, and command and control information systems.
Overall Purpose of Job
As part of an automation team, the successful candidate will support the bid, design, documentation, implementation, testing and commissioning of automation systems.
He/she must be able to gather and understand requirements, support preparation of tenders/bids, develop software, implement and support; actively participate in database design, data loading and design layout; be able to work independently and on team projects; verify accuracy, safety and completeness of projects by implementing comprehensive testing and sample data; providing source code and formal documentation.
The successful candidate will be required to travel for site surveys, site visits, meetings and there may be a need for this role to work from remote site office locations or client offices.
– Participates in the Business Development and Technical Departments as part of the technical team that designs and delivers the technical solutions for bid proposals and projects.
– Responsible for the preparation and submission of projects technical deliverables’ (and/or parts of them) during all project phases for the systems(s) under their responsibility; design, installation, configuration, testing and commissioning.
– Responsible for the design, architecture and cost estimate of technical solutions for bid proposals and projects for the technical field under his/her responsibility.
– Responsible for the set-up, supervision and performance of the installation, configuration, testing nd commissioning activities during project implementation.
– Communication and representation of the project to the customer and partners as required in coordination with his supervisor.
– Prepares project reports, project status and milestone review for the areas of their responsibilities.
– Manage and control projects, sub-projects and/or work packages.
– Configuration management, project and system documentation.
– Ensure compliance with company’s quality policies and procedures for all activities under their responsibility.
– Design, code and test applications and interfaces.
– Design, code and test PLC and SCADA applications.
– Investigate and develop skills in new technologies.
– Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
– A minimum of 3 years’ experience in engineering and working with major SCADA packages. Experience with Wonderware is an advantage.
– Skilled at developing and executing test plans, scripts and procedures.
– Experience in the life-cycle development of software systems.
– Experience in software program design and development of industrial automation applications.
– Knowledge of structured programming, communication techniques, data communication protocols, network equipment and computer operating systems.
– Ability to understand complex processes and communicate them to other disciplines.
– Experience in creating requirements documents, project plans.
– Work well in a team environment.
– Work well under pressure, well organised, mentally tough; detail orientated, follows through and completes tasks; comfortable working with non-technical users.
– Ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
– Ability to access and work on equipment and customers sites.
– Previous experience in building automation is desirable.
About the Company:
“Stratus was founded in 2005 in order to supply a unique, tailored service to the property, real estate and construction industries.”
Our approach is honest and upfront, delivering an efficient and cost effective service which we recognise is critical in the current market place. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by providing consistent high quality results, adding real value to your organisation and allowing talented professionals in the property and construction fields to develop their potential within progressive environments.
Our open and consultative style has allowed us to successfully develop long standing relationships with clients and candidates alike, within leading consultancy, main contracting and client organisations. In tandem with this we also have an expansive network of contacts at all levels across the industry, and can provide sophisticated market intelligence, both in the UK and EMEA.