Panchkula : Haryana Director General of Police (DGP) B.S. Sandhu has said that the bodyguards of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, who misbehaved with the police personnel while taking the self styled god man to jail in the police car, were arrested.
“Gurmeet Ram Rahim’s bodyguards wanted to take him in his car, but as he was convicted, we said he would be taken in police car. There was an argument and finally he was taken in the police vehicle. We arrested the bodyguards who misbehaved with the police personnel,” Sandhu said while addressing the press conference.
“We had a plan to take him by road to jail, but were not possible due to the violence. No VIP treatment is given to him,” he added.
The Haryana DGP, however, refrained to comment on the reports of the arrest of five Haryana police personnel who were a part of Z-plus security cover of Rahim Singh, for obstructing the government duty.
Meanwhile, DGP Sandhu denied the reports of manhandling of the IPS officers by Rahim’s followers during the whole high voltage drama.
“I had personally talked to both the IPS officers. One is DCP Sumit Kumar who was in-charge of the court proceedings and the other one was IG Karnal Subhash Yadav, who was security in-charge. Nobody misbehaved with them,” he said.
“The law and order situation was under DCP Panchkula, later he was suspended and now the new DCP has taken over the post,” he added.
Reportedly, the two private security guards of Rahim who were arrested for obstructing the government duty were produced in a local court on Saturday and remanded to seven days of police custody.
Meanwhile, following developments have taken place in the DSS chief rape case:
– 30 died in Panchkula, 6 in Sirsa, 269 injured.
– There are about 3000-4000 people at Dera Sacha Sauda, Sirsa and are vacating gradually.
– No incident reported in last 24 hours.
– Court will be in Sonaria (jail), Rohtak and arrangements being made.
– Notification has been issued to make arrangements for sitting of CBI Court in Sunaria District Jail, Panchkula for pronouncement of quantum of sentence against Ram Rahim Singh.
– However, Haryana DGP B.S. Sandhu has said that, “Ram Rahim Singh won’t be produced in Panchkula”.
– Deputy Advocate General Gurdas Singh Salwara was sacked after he was reportedly seen carried luggage of Ram Rahim Singh.
– People have vacated Dera Sacha Sauda Ashram in Bajenka village and the whole premises are being inspected by Police and Army in located in Sirsa district of Haryana.
– We found axes, batons, petrol bombs etc there. All objectionable objects have been seized and Dera has been completely vacated says Kaithal DC.
– Curfew will be relaxed, will assess situation, if everything remains peaceful will lift curfew in coming time says SSP Bhatinda, Punjab.
– Post-mortem of the bodies of deceased is underway; 90 people were admitted last night, no case of bullet injury has been found, says CMO, Civil Hospital, Panchkula.
– Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh chaired a high-level meeting to assess the law and order situation in the state after the violence which erupted post Ram Rahim Verdict.
– Punjab Police and Army conducted a flag march in the Moga district of Punjab.
– Police is in the process of establishing the identity of the 28 dead persons says Haryana Chief Secretary Depinder Singh.
Yesterday, Chief Ministers of Haryana and Punjab – Manohar Lal Khattar and Captain Amarinder Singh issued separate appeals for the maintenance of law and order and calm after followers of Ram Rahim went berserk with grief and anger over his conviction. (ANI)