We, residents of Panchkula, thank BJP for
1. Supporting Gurmeet Ram Rahim, the Rapist.
2. We thank Khattar Jee for allowing 1.5 lac goondas into Panchkula to destroy this peaceful city.
3. We thank our local MLA, Sh.Gian Chand Gupta, for VANISHING for the last 7 days.
4. We thank our local MLA, Sh.Gian Chand Gupta, for being underground when vehicles and government property was being burnt in Panchkula and in his own residential locality.
5. We thank Modi Jee, for imposing a such an able administrator like Khattar Jee as CM who allowed the Dera Followers burn to Panchkula.
6. We Thank BJP Spokesperson, Sh Yadav Jee, who after the riots washed his hands off the arson that took place in Panchkula.
7. We thank BJP MP Shakshi Maharaj Jee, for defending and supporting Rapist Gurmeet Ram Rahim after he was convicted by the court.
8. We thank BJP for hardly taking any care. We promise to keep voting for you for next 100 years.
Meanwhile, a summary which was uploaded on facebook is as follow:
Usually, I am not into writing long posts on social media platforms. But the events which have conspired (over Ram Raheem verdict) over last couple of days have moved me and prompted me to pen my thoughts. I literally have goose bumps as I write these words, thinking about the :
1) Two brave young ladies/sadhvis (identity withheld) waging a legal battle for FIFTEEN LONG YEARS, not 1,2 or 3 years, but 15 long years combined with the number of years they were subjected to sexual assaults. Imagine, with their meagre resources, traveling to court 250 kms to Panchkula for every single hearing, protected by a lone gunman, surrounded/chased by Dera followers drunk on power literally baying for their blood. Imagine, traveling on those rickety state transport buses, how close they must have come to quitting a no. of times, stacked against the might of their rapist, for 15 long years. One of the ladies also lost her brother (assassinated).
2) An upright CBI Judge Honrl. Jagdeep Singh delivering a historic judgment despite colossal political & mob pressure. To hell with 3 lakh people stacked outside the court, threatening violence. To hell with bigwig connections. It didn’t matter how many lakhs were standing with the culprit it just took one Honrl. and the upright guy to stand with those two brave ladies, on the day of the judgment.
3) An assassinated journalist Honrl. Ram Chander Chhatrapati, who first broke this story in 2002 in a small local daily called “Poora Sach” and kept pursuing the issue despite death threats and ultimately paid the price with his life. This is what courage looks like in human form. Courage which was shot FIVE times from point blank range.
4) Anshuman Chhatrapati, a proud & bereaved son having lost his father at the age of 21. Struggled to kept his slain father’s legacy alive in form of local newspaper ‘Poora Sach’ amid looming death threats and political pressure. Ultimately getting the CBI involved in the investigations after knocking on the HC door in 2003. Imagine a 21-year-old, taking care of his father for 28 days, after five bullets have been pumped into his body and not even a single cop shows up to record the statement of the dying journalist.
5) Stalwarts lawyers Honrl. Rajinder Sachar, R.S Cheema, Ashwin Bakshi & Lekhraj ji, who fought this case pro-bono. They withstood the pressure, invested their time and lead it to its logical conclusion. Imagine Sh. Rajinder Sacher an octogenarian ( as he was born in 1923), an old, frail, white haired upright gentleman fighting the case without charging a single rupee.
6) CBI DSP Honrl. Satish Dagar, DIG Mulinja Narayanan and other team members for rock solid and fair investigation without bowing down to ANYONE. Imagine receiving innumerable calls to go easy or go soft on a certain individual. Imagine standing in a court jam packed with Dera supporters and yet standing firmly behind those two scared yet brave ladies and reassuring them.
So, by my count it took just 11 upright people (I am sure there are many unknown faces, secret backers behind the scene), but these 11 were the face of the fight, vulnerable to threats and assassinations and were up against a self-proclaimed Godman worth 1000 crores, supported by more than 1 crore odd people and endorsed by political heavyweights and stalwarts.
So again, by my count, it took just 11 ordinary people (one shy of a dozen) to bring down a hugely resourceful rapist, masquerading as a religious guru.
I bow down to these fellow Indians for keeping our faith intact in the system and for giving us a ray of hope. For showing us, that a handful few doing their Job in a rightful manner can withstand lakhs.
Quoting my favorite lines by Hindi poet Sh. Ramdhari Dinkar ji :
समर शेष है, नहीं पाप का भागी केवल व्याध
जो तटस्थ हैं, समय लिखेगा उनके भी अपराध
Loosely translated: The battle is not over yet, the one who oppresses is not the only sinner, the one who stands on the sidelines (read neutral) will be held equally guilty.
I choose to stand with these fellow 11 citizens, especially with these two young brave ladies, their courage should be recognized, commemorated and honored by the state.
What about you ?
#JaiHind # SatyamevaJayate.