New Delhi : Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who today addressed the civil services officers on the occasion of 11th Civil Services Day, asserted that the government has to become from regulator to an enabling entity with changing times.
He conferred the Prime Minister’s awards for excellence in public administration to districts and other central and state organisations for effective implementation of the programmes and innovation.
Below are the highlights from Prime Minister Modi’s address:
– Earlier, role of the government, from healthcare to wanting to set up an industry, was very strong. Things are changing since 15 years: PM Modi
– People are now seeing alternatives. For example- it can be about a private airline or a private healthcare service: PM Modi
– Changing trends in the last 15-20 years have altered the dynamics. Competition can play a big role in bringing a qualitative change: PM Modi
– With changing times, a need may arise that we may have to change our working style. From regulator, we need to be an enabling entity: PM Modi
– With quantum jump in work must also come a qualitative change: PM Modi
– Hierarchy remains an issue- this is something we inherited from colonial rulers & we did not leave that behind in Mussoorie: PM to officers
– E-governance, M-governanc, social media- these are good means to reach out to the people and for their benefits: PM Modi
– A spirit of ownership is essential. Let us believe that through this set up we can bring a positive change in people’s lives: PM Modi
– The push for reform comes from political leadership but the perform angle is determined by officers & Jan Bhagidari transforms: PM Modi
– Every policy of ours and its implementation has to be outcome centric: PM Modi
– India is seen as a ray of hope world over and our democratic values are globally admired: PM Modi
The awards have been instituted with a view to acknowledge, recognize and reward the extraordinary and innovative work done by Districts and Organizations of the Central and State governments for the welfare of common citizen. (ANI)