Goods worth millions gutted as plastic factory catches fire in West Bengal

Kolkata: A plastic factory caught fire due to a short circuit in West Bengal’s North 24-Parganas district on Saturday, gutting goods worth millions of dollars.

The incident took place at around 11.30 a.m. in a residential area of Dunlop town.

Efforts were on to extinguish the fire which quickly spread to a nearby house.

No casualties had been reported as of Saturday evening.

“We have sent several policemen to the area. We are searching for any injured or trapped people and removing inflammable materials from other godowns. Also, we have vacated the house where the fire first erupted and removed people from the nearby area until the fire has been extinguished completely,” said Commissioner of Police (CP), Neeraj Singh.

Singh said further probe was on into the matter.