In the age of selfies, it’s important to get your hair and make up in place to get the best frame. So make sure you are opting for the perfect trend to keep the like button buzzing on social media.
Arpit Jain, MD and Founder, Auraine Botanicals and Vibhoar, CEO, NEU Blush list down ways for seemingly perfect and classy hair and make up everyday.
* Select hairstyles that are flattering to you: The hairstyle you opt for, should complement your face cut and the outfit that you are wearing. Avoid extreme hairstyles; you don’t want a hairdo bigger than your head. Try not to completely pull your hair back from your face, as this could make you look older.
* Eliminate flyaways: Ladies obsessed with picture perfect hair understand the necessity of moisturizing the hair to avoid flyaways. When our hair lacks moisture, it tends to look and feel dry, brittle and unhealthy. Spending time outside in the sun can majorly influence the moisture (or lack of) in your hair. Thus, use of hair serums, masks and sun protection is a must to maintain your hair’s health and protect it from damage.
* Go a little messy: Messy hair never goes out of style. So, just when you think you’ve styled your hair, toss your coif around to loosen things up in a right amount and you are all set to rock the camera.
* Select hair colour that enhances your hair: If you are planning to get those natural hair coloured, try the latest colours which go well with the Indian skin tone like honey brown, wine, caramel, chocolate brown in a balayage with highlights instead of going for global or simple highlighting. You must choose a hair colour that matches with your skin tone and don’t just go for any random hair colour.
* Don’t shy away from volumizing products: A regular and a great haircut is the foundation of any great hairstyle for fine hair-one that provides with volume in appearance. Other than this, a bit of strategic teasing along with volumizing products will work wonderfully on the camera.
* For the perfect make up
* Sunscreen is a must: No matter what, you should apply sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays. Apply sunscreen before you apply foundation or primer. Titanium based or Zinc oxide based sunscreens are considered to be best for the sensitive skin type. Summer make up kit must have a spray sunscreen or a gel-based sunscreen with minimum SPF 30.
* Kind of make up products: Use only long-wearing, smudge-proof, waterproof cosmetic that stays for long and gives a perfect finish to your makeup. Use face powder to set makeup and reduce the excess shine on your face. Foundation with a matte finish works as a miracle.
* Avoid the catchy look: Everyone loves a nice glow that shimmer gives us, but there is a big difference between a healthy radiance and an over-the-top shine. Do not use any cosmetics with a shimmery, shiny or glowing finish it can make you look bad in the photographs. A concealer and a nude lip colour is all you need this summer.
* Maximise the impact of those eyes: Curled lashes and mascara are musts as both open up your eyes, and the eyes are the focal point of a picture. Use clear light to medium colour eye shadow for highlighting. The more open they are, the more the light hits them and that’s what makes them twinkle.
* Play with the sharp features: Don’t forget to apply a dash of bronzer to nose, forehead, cheekbones and chin to get that perfect Brazilian look. Powered bronzers are light to use and do not turn streaky like cream bronzers in summer.
* The lip-factor: Wear bright lipstick as darker shades can have a minimizing effect on the lips; steer clear of a dark matte lip colour. It can look aging and unflattering. Sticking with brighter colours can help you look younger.
* And the final look: Brighten your smile ahead of time with a teeth whitener. Smile with your eyes and your mouth.