Gas delivery man suffocates after cylinder catches fire

New Delhi, November 30: A gas cylinder delivery man suffocated to death in east Delhi today when a cylinder caught fire, police said.

Vijay, a delivery boy with Indane Gas, had gone to a residence in Trilokpuri to deliver a cylinder when the incident took place.

“He handed over the cylinder and was checking whether it was fitted properly. He lit a match stick and a fire broke out as there was a leakage in the cylinder. He suffered burns,” a senior police official said.

“Vijay could not escape from the room and suffocated,” the official said.

He was rushed to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital where he was declared brought death.