French fitness blogger Rebecca died after being hit by a whipped cream dispenser

New Delhi: Appliances made to simplify daily lives can also be reason causing ailments as well as death. Recently a well-known French Fitness blogger Rebecca Burger died in an unusual accident after being hit in the chest by a piston of whipped cream dispenser.

The pressurized canister used to dispense the whipped cream exploded hitting Rebecca on her chest. The incident was termed as domestic accident and occurred in eastern France.

The fitness freak had a massive following on social media with 55k fans on Facebook and about 54k followers on Instagram. She also used to promote various fitness products other than posting her regular pictures.

“It is with great sadness we announce the death of Rebecca who died the June 18th, 2017 in an accident in the home,” read a statement on Rebecca’s Instagram account, signed “The grieving family”.

Other post included a warning to avoid usage of such appliances along with a picture of the dispenser. The post read as “Here is an example of a whipped cream canister that exploded and struck Rebecca’s chest, resulting in her death, Do not use this kind of utensil in your home! Tens of thousands of defective devices are still in circulation.”

Similar incidents have been reported in France in 2014 but neither resulted in death. According to an AFP report, the National Consumer Institute (INC) of France has already issued a warning over usage of that prototype saying the plastic lid may not withstand pressure built from carbon dioxide inside.

Police are investigating Rebecca’s death. Though she was given medical attention she is believed to die due to a cardiac arrest according to French Media, reported Indian Express.