Five more die of swine flu in Pune; toll reaches 185

Pune, February 11: Five more persons succumbed to swine flu here taking the toll due to the deadly disease to 185 in the city, health officials said today.

All the patients had tested positive for the virus at National Institute of Virology (NIV) and were undergoing treatment at various hospitals.

The deaths were reported yesterday, they said. The city has been recording a steady number of casualties due to rampant infection since August 3 last year when a 14-year-old school girl succumbed to the deadly virus.

—-PTI