Fire broke out at Chutneys restaurant building in Kukatpally here on Sunday morning. Seeing thick smoke emanating from the building, the workers in the restaurant evicted all the customers and alerted the Fire Service station. However, there were no casualties.
On receipt of the information, three fire tenders rushed to the spot and put out the fire. Fire officials, sent three fire tenders one each from Kukatpally, Madhapur and Sanathnagar Fire Stations to the spot and teams comprising of 20 fire fighters douse the fire.
Kukatpally Fire Station officer said short-circuit occurred in the cellar of the building and the fire spread to first floor through the electric wire. Upon receiving the information, the Fire Service personnel rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control, he said. (NSS)