– Keep reciting the morning and evening Athkar (words of remembrance) and remember Allah The Almighty often in general. This is because if the tongue is busy with the remembrance of Allah The Almighty, it will keep the mind and heart busy with it; thus, the Muslim will not find time to think of something other than Allah The Almighty.
– You should read a portion from the Quran every day with reflection and humbleness, even if it is a single page.
– Start memorizing the Quran gradually; it is the best thing to help you overcome this problem. This step is also one of the most important signs of success of the cure, like performing the Fajr prayer. If you find yourself memorizing the Book of Allah The Almighty easily, without difficulty, this is also an indication that desire does not control your heart. This has happened to a large number of young people.
– Supplicate Allah The Almighty at all times. Allah The Almighty becomes angry with the Muslim who does not supplicate Him. Say the following blessed supplication that the Prophet used to say as much as you can. He would say:
“Allahumma inni as’aluk Al-huda wat-tuqa wal-‘afaafa wal-ghina”
(O Allah, I ask You for guidance, piety, chastity, and self-sufficiency.)”
– You must give charity, particularly giving charity in secret as it extinguishes the anger of Allah The Almighty. Give charity every day; it does not necessarily have to be a large sum, but give it according to your capacity. Perhaps one Dirham of such charity may outweigh one thousand Dirhams.
– Fasting every Monday and Thursday. The Prophet said:
“O youth, whoever among you who can afford the expenses of marriage let him marry, and whoever does not afford it let him fast, for it is a shield for him.”
However, let your fasting be ‘real’ in order to achieve the effect mentioned by the Prophet in the Hadeeth that fasting would be a shield and a means of protection and prevention for you.
True fasting is not only abstaining from food and drink, but also abstaining from lust, sins, and misdeeds throughout the fasting period. Do not say, “I am fasting”, when you do not feel something is changing in you. The problem here is not in the fasting itself; the problem is with you. The same thing happened with the Prophet when a man came to him and said, “My brother has a stomach ache.” The Prophet said to him: “Let him drink honey.” The man came for the second time and said, “The honey increased his stomach pain.” The Prophet said the same thing to him. This happened three times and the fourth time, the Prophet said: “Let him drink honey.” The man replied, “The honey increased his stomach pain.” The Prophet then said: “Allah has said the truth, but your brother’s stomach has told a lie.” So, he made him drink honey and he was cured.
Attachment to the Hereafter:
Free yourself from the capture and constraints of this life and rush to Paradise that is as wide as the heavens and the earth which contains all that the souls desire and delights the eyes, and in which you will abide eternally. Indeed, it is folly to sell gold for dust, and to sell the beautiful Hoors (celestial maidens), who have not been touched by humans or Jinns, for a woman, no matter how beautiful she is in this worldly life. Now come with me and enjoy listening to the Hoors, of whom the Prophet said:
“The wives of people of Paradise sing to their husbands in the best voice one has ever heard. Their songs include: ‘We are good and beautiful, the spouses of noble people; and look with comfortable eyes.’ They also sing, saying, ‘We are immortal and never die; we are secured and never fear; we are those who abide with their husbands and never leave them.’”
[At-Tabarani] [Classified as Saheeh by Al-Albani]
Dear brother and sister, listen to the description of Al-Hoor by Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim where he says, “When she appears the beauty of her face shines like the sun, and light shines from between her teeth if she smiles. When she meets her beloved husband, then say whatever you will regarding the meeting of two lights! When she talks to him, what do you think the conversation of two lovers would be? When he embraces her, what do you think the embracing of two branches would be like? If she were to be revealed upon the worldly life, she would fill what is between the heavens and the Earth with a beautiful scent, and the creatures would not help glorifying, praising and exclaiming the greatness of the Creator, and everything between the East and the West would be adorned for her, and every eye would be shut from everything but her, and the light of the sun would be outshone, just as the light of the sun outshines the light of the stars, and everyone on the face of the earth would believe in the Ever-Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists.
“The cover on her head is better than the world and all that is in it, and her contact with him is more pleasant than her best wishes. She does not increase with age except in beauty and with living except in love and union. She is free from pregnancy, childbirth and menses, and pure of mucous, saliva, urine, stool and other filthy things. Her youth never fades and her clothing is never worn out. The garment of her beauty is not ragged, nor does the sweetness of her companionship become boring. Her affection is restricted to her husband, so she desires none but him, just as his affection is restricted to her so she is the sole object of his desire and wish. She pleases him when he looks at her; she obeys him when he orders her; she guards his honor when he is away from her. He is with her in utmost safety and security, as none has touched her before of either humans or Jinn. Whenever he looks at her, she fills his heart with happiness; whenever she talks to him, she fills his ears with eloquent and well-versed words as beautiful as a chain of pearls; when she appears, she fills the palace and room with light; when she sings, she is a delight to the sight and hearing; when she amuses and entertains, how great the amusement and entertainment are; and when she kisses, nothing is more desirous to him than this kissing.”
After all of this, you allow a soul which is a persistent enjoiner of evil or a weak devil to make you attached to a passing desire and transient pleasure and to give up all this beauty! Respected brother, be sure that the more your faith increases in your heart, the weaker the power of sexual desire will be over you. Therefore, have determination and perseverance, for, by Allah, there certainly is no better endeavor you do than the endeavor to draw close to Allah The Almighty and attain His pleasure.