Docs advise Anna not to fast for at least 1 month

Pune, January 02: The health of Anna Hazare, who has been admitted to a private hospital in Pune after suffering from viral infection, is improving. However, doctors attending him said on Sunday that Hazare will need to remain in hospital for a week. The doctors have also advised him not to go on fast for at least one month.

“I am not as unwell as people may think. My condition has improved. I will get better soon, please do not worry about my health,” Hazare said.
After examining him, the doctors said they have advised Hazare not to fast at least for the next one month.

“We have requested (advised) Anna not to go on any fast for a month. Will be discharged in 5-6 days,” Dr Parag Sancheti said.

Suresh Pathare, Hazare’s secretary said his condition was ‘stable’ but had been advised a complete rest by the doctors. 74-year-old Hazare was admitted to the Sancheti Hospital in Pune on saturday night and his health is being monitored by a team of doctors.

“Anna is improving, less swelling; weight is 69.7 which is stable. Chest has bronchitis. Will need 4 more days of antiboitics. He is moving around on his own,” Dr Mahendra Kavedi said.

The doctor also said Hazare needs ‘complete rest’ now and that his aides have been asked not to disturb him.

–Agencies–