Rohtak (Haryana) [India]: After Dera Sacha Sauda’s Chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh verdict, yesterday, violence erupted by his followers in different states of India, resulting in the death of 29 people, while more than 200 are said to be injured. Deputy Commissioner Atul Kumar Dwivedi on Saturday said that house raid was conducted in Rohtak, wherein some explosives were seized.
“The security arrangements at Rohtak are fine. House raid has happened at one place. It was a routine raid. The explosives found at that place have been seized. The police personnel are wary,” he told ANI.
He also asserted that the security at the jail is also strict.
“The security at the jail is also strict. We have also put army at requisition. We have asked for 18 army columns which will come to us by the evening. As there are might be chances that the followers will try to meet Rahim. We might also see flag march by army here by the evening,” he added.
Meanwhile, the Deputy Commissioner also appealed to the people to avoid coming to Rohtak as much as possible.
“We appeal to all people to avoid coming to Rohtak as much as possible. We are not allowing anyone who doesn’t have specified and proper answers for their visit to Rohtak,” he further said.
Following are other updates related to the case:
– Anand Kumar, Uttar Pradesh ADG Law and Order said that the security at borders have been beefed up due to ongoing Army and Police joint operation in Panchkula.
-In Haryana’s Sirsa, Army has gheraoed the premises of Dera Sacha Sauda Headquarters. Army and Rapid Action Force (RAF) along with the Police have surrounded the premises of the headquarters.
-Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar will also visit New Delhi today.
-Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh said he has been briefed by DGP, the situation is peaceful and curfew has been lifted in three districts. He added that the state is on alert for next 48 hrs.
-District administration and police sealed two ashrams of Dera Sacha Sauda in Haryana’s Kurukshetra.
– Curfew has been imposed in Sangrur, Moga and Patiala district of Punjab. Security stepped up after violent protests by Dera followers in the state.
– Section 144 imposed in Uttarakhand’s Nainital and Noida, Ghaziabad and Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh.
– Baghpat District Magistrate directs all schools in the region to remain closed today in Uttar Pradesh. Schools in Noida and Ghaziabad will also remain close today.
– Delhi Transport Corporation has suspended bus services to NCR due to incidents of arson.
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi urged officials to work round the clock to restore normalcy and provide all possible assistance that is required. He assured to restore normalcy in violence-hit areas.
– Instances of violence are deeply distressing. Strongly condemn violence urge everyone to maintain peace, Prime Minister Modi tweeted.
– Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said the state government had made complete arrangements; but the mob was really huge.
– Madhur Verma of Delhi Police confirmed that Dera Sacha Sauda followers tried to create mischief, following which a case has been registered. The police have recovered the CCTV footage, probe is underway.
– Chandigarh DGP Tejinder Singh Luthra confirmed that taking preventive measures, Chandigarh Police detains 81 people.
– Six private commandos of Ram Rahim Singh arrested by Chandigarh Police, weapons and petrol cans seized from them.
– 32 people have lost their lives, and 200 are injured. Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar directed doctors for best possible treatment.
– Passengers have been stranded at Bathinda railway station due to curfew imposed in Punjab. (ANI)