Vietnamese girl raped by dad daily for 4 years

Hanoi, September 28: Vietnamese police are investigating a man for allegedly raping his daughter nearly every day for the past four years, authorities said.

The man, 39, was questioned by police on Saturday in Bu Gia Map district in southern Binh Phuoc province and is still being investigated by authorities, a local police officer said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

SC to hear Ayodhya verdict deferment plea today

New Delhi, September 28: New Delhi, Sep 28 (UNI) The Uttar Pradesh’s Sunni Central Waqf Board has urged the Supreme Court to let Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court to deliver the much-awaited judgment in the
Ayodhya land title suit without any futher delay, even as the apex
court prepared to hear today a plea to defer the judgement.

The Waqf Board, in its counter affadavit, said an out-of-court settlement is not possible in the 60-year-long title dispute.

Cong guidelines for helping families which lost members after YSR death

New Delhi, September, 28: The AICC has released guidelines for extending financial help to the families of those who had committed either suicide or had died of heart attack after the sad demise of the then chief minister of Andhra Pradesh Dr Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.

According to these guidelines, DCC Chief would be the convenor of the committee which renders the aid to such families. The district in-charge minister would also be a member of the committee. These members were directed by the AICC to prepare a list of such families.

——-NSS

BJP plans “Palle Pilupu” from Oct. 2 to 6

Hyderabad, September, 28: On the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanthi celebrations, the State Bharatiya Janata Party has decided to organize a five-day “Palle Pilupu” (Village Calling) program to strengthen the party in the rural areas from October 2 to 6 in the State.

CBI moves SC to cancel Satyam accused bail, Raju spared

New Delhi, September 28: The CBI on Monday moved the Supreme Court seeking cancellation of bail granted to nine of the ten accused in Satyam Computer’s fraud. The bail of main accused B Ramalinga Raju has not been challenged.

Advocate Arvind K Sharma submitted a petition before the Court on behalf of CBI, in which he challenged the bail granted to the other nine accused who have been given reprieves by different courts.

Mr Sharma said that Raju’s name was excluded since he was given bail for reasons different from the others.

Iranian woman’s stoning sentence ‘still in place’

Tehran, September 28: The sentence of death by stoning against an Iranian woman accused of adultery is still officially in place and could still be carried out, her lawyer has said.

His warning came after Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad last week claimed it was untrue that Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, a mother of two, had been sentenced to death and her trial was still pending.

The head of Iran’s judiciary, Sadeq Larijani, earlier said her sentence had been suspended.

Religious groups divided over Ayodhya verdict

Lucknow, September 28: The call for revoking the stay on the pronouncement of the judgment in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid title suit has started gaining ground ahead of the crucial hearing before the Supreme Court (SC) on Tuesday.

On the other hand, those who want another chance for an out-of-court settlement also got a boost. On Tuesday, the Sunni Central Board of Waqfs UP and some individuals from the minority community filed affidavits before the SC asking it to ensure the verdict comes this month.

Youth drowns in Osman sagar

Hyderabad, September 28 (Siasat News): A youth was suspiciously drowned during swimming in Osman Sagar. Mohammad Osman Ali resident of Musheerabad was said to have gone to Osman Sagar with his six friends on Sunday.

Osman Ali 25, drowned when he was swimming in Osman Sagar in the evening. According to Narsingi police Osman Ali used to collect scraps. Police Narsingi has registered a case and investigations are on.

——-Siasat News

If SC stays Ayodhya verdict further…

Lucknow, September 28: Even as the Supreme Court is set to hear the plea seeking deferment of Ayodhya title suit judgement, a further delay in its delivery by more than two days might lead to a legal crisis, experts feel.

The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court was to deliver country’s one of the most awaited judgements on September 24, which was however stayed by an interim order from the Supreme Court as it admitted a plea seeking deferment of the judgement as petitioner Ramesh Chand Tripathi still hopes for an out-of-court settlement.

Ayodhya case under scrutiny in India’s top court

New Delhi, September 28: India’s Supreme Court will hear arguments Tuesday on whether to delay a ruling on a flashpoint religious dispute that has created major security worries ahead of the Commonwealth Games.

The court last week ordered the Allahabad High Court to postpone its judgement on the long-standing ownership struggle over the site in the northern town of Ayodhya where Hindu zealots destroyed a mosque in 1992.

The postponement came after retired bureaucrat Ramesh Chand Tripathi appealed to the Supreme Court for a stay on the judgement to allow for a negotiated settlement.

Syed Khaleel uddin Ahmed elected as Hajj committee Chairman

Hyderabad, September 28 (Siasat News): Mr. Syed Khaleel Uddin Ahmed is unanimously elected as the new Chairman of AP state Hajj committee by the members.

13 out of 16 members attended the Hajj committee meeting conducted amidst strict security arrangements in which Mr Mahmood Hussain engineer nominated Mr Khaleel Uddin Ahmed which was accepted by the members present in the meeting.

Nodal Agency formed for new railway lines

Hyderabad, September 28 (Siasat News): Chief Minister K Rosaiah has agreed to speed up ongoing work of the land acquisition process and other related affairs for new railway lines in the state.

Rosaiah ordered constitution of a nodal agency in the state government comprising Principal Secretary Transport S P Singh and Principal Secretary Revenue Anil C Punita to co-ordinate all issues with the Railways.

Man convicted of killing `nagging’ wife

Hong Kong, September 28: A 79-year-old Hong Kong man was convicted of killing his wife of 45 years after saying he could no longer bear her constant nagging, a news report said Tuesday.

Ng Kwok-yuen hacked So Yuen-yee, 68, more than 30 times with a meat cleaver in August 2009 and claimed decades of nagging drove him to kill, the Hong Kong edition of the China Daily said.

In police interviews, Ng said his wife never appreciated him, watched television while he did all the housework and told him he was ugly, the newspaper said. The couple had three grown children.

Quake hits Iran

Tehran, September 28: A 6.1-magnitude earthquake has rocked southern Iran.

The Iranian Seismological Centre reported that the quake hit Konar Takhteh, a remote mountainous area in the southern province of Fars, at 11.22 GMT Monday, Mehr news agency said.

Konar Takhteh, 677 km southwest of Tehran, is a sparsely populated district located near the city of Kazeroun.

A 6.6-magnitude quake flattened the southeastern city of Bam in 2003, killing about 26,000 people.
–IANS

Ayodhya announcement soon? Court decides today

New Delhi, September 28: Ahead of the crucial hearing on the highly sensitive Ayodhya case in the Supreme Court on Tuesday, the government on Monday said the two sides should either resolve the matter through negotiations or accept the court verdict.

The comments from Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee came on a day when the government indicated its readiness to maintain law and order situation in the country.
Supreme Court will, on Tuesday, hear a public interest litigation seeking deferment of the judgment by the Allahabad High Court in one of India’s longest running legal disputes.

Asin Khan keeping a level profile

Mumbai, September 28: Asin Khan keeping a level profile: Despite creating history with Aamir Khan’s blockbuster Ghajini and hitting the headlines with the Salman Khan and Ajay Devgn starrer London Dreams, Asin has been keeping a low profile.

Many wondered whether she was busy down South. But the buzz has it that the actress has signed not one but two Hindi films and the lull in the interim was only because she was waiting for the right script to come along.

Vidya Balan to take on pregnant onscreen!

Mumbai, September 28: Vidya Balan to take on pregnant onscreen: Vidya Balan has been approached with two big offers-both of them have her as a pregnant woman. The first film where she got pregnant-Paa-was a hit. Vidya’s role in Sujoy Ghosh’s upcoming film Kahani is said to be heavily inspired by the Uma Thurman starrer Kill Bill. The film is on how and why a pregnant woman takes revenge for her sufferings.

Shah Rukh Khan roped in music writer Hans Zimmer!

Mumbai, September 28: Shah Rukh Khan roped in music composer Hans Zimmer! After roping in Chinese actor Tom Wu and singer Akon, he has now roped in music composer Hans Zimmer to score music for his upcoming film “RA ONE”.Hans Zimmer has scored music for numerous films like “The Lion King”, “The Last Samurai”, “Gladiator”, “Pirates of the Caribbean-series”, “The Dark Knight”, “The Da Vinci Code”, “Inception” and “Sherlock Holmes”.

Slapped, kicked, abused – where’s women’s empowerment on TV?

New Delhi, September 28: Women are slapped, kicked, abused and raped in popular shows like “Naa Aana Iss Des Laado”, “Balika Vadhu” and “Pratigya” that reach over 130 million households in India and they seem to be doing little to empower women.

These supposedly socially relevant shows started as attempts to break away from the cliché of kitchen politics and tackle themes like female infanticide, child marriage and discrimination. But soon they turned out to be half-hearted efforts, showing violence towards women rather than creating awareness against such atrocities.

What is wrong with our boys and girls?

Hyderabad, September 27: Late in the evening last Sunday, engineering student Sekhar invited Divya, his junior at college, to his flat to celebrate his move to Mumbai. Sometime during the evening, he battered her to death on the floor of his flat. He was enraged that she had turned her affections to another boy.

In another such incident two days later, engineering student Praveen slashed the throat of Srisha, a student of his college, who he had been stalking for some two years. She is battling for life in hospital.

Girl rescued from Tirumala valley after 4 days

Tirupati, September 27: In what could be described as a miracle, the 20-year old girl who

had accidentally fallen into the deep valley of Avachari Kona, near Mokali Parvatam of Tirumala Hills four days ago, was today found alive and safe but with a fractured hand.

Brindavan-type garden at Nagarjunsagar

Hyderabad, September 27: The government has proposed to develop a sprawling, modern garden on the lines of the Brindavan (Mysore) and Lalbagh (Bengaluru) at Nagarjunasagar.

About 400 acres of land has been identified in Nagalvaram village in Macherla mandal of Guntur district for the purpose.

The place had good connectivity and easy accessibility, officials said.

Chief minister K Rosaiah has agreed to this proposal at a review meeting on the tourism department affairs here today, on the eve of the World Tourism Day.

Chandrababu didn’t learn a lesson: KCR

Hyderabad, September 27: In a renewed attack on the TDP, TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday described N Chandrababu Naidu as the only obstacle for formation of Telangana state.

Addressing party workers at Telangana Bhavan here, Rao said from the beginning Naidu had been acting against the interests of Telangana people. “Since the day the Centre announced its willingness to bifurcate the state, Naidu had become active thwarting the attempts.

Advocate says Lagadapati was behind acid attack

Hyderabad, September 27: Velluri Srinivas Reddy, an advocate demanded police action on Sunday against Vijayawada MP Lagadapati Rajagopal for allegedly masterminding an acid attack on him in 2008.

The advocate told reporters he was continuing to face life threat from Rajagopal and sought police protection. He stated that on May 13, 2008 around 1 p.m while he was in his office, four unidentified persons entered and threw acid on his face and fled. As a result of the attack, one side of his face and an eye were completely damaged.

Respect each other, KK to Telangana leaders

Hyderabad, September 27: Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member K Keshava Rao today expressed his anguish over different perceptions on nativity among Telangana leaders. The leaders have been speaking against one another affecting the movement, he said.

He told newsmen here that he was committed to Telangana cause but issues like nativity should not divide the movement. Leaders in Telangana should respect each other and build a united movement, irrespective of party affiliations.