A city bus today caught fire at Patny area here but no one was injured in the incident, police said.
The incident occurred at around 8.30 AM when the Metro Express bus was on its way to Secunderabad from Jeedimetla, they said.
The bus suddenly stopped near Patny-Parade Grounds and the driver noticed smoke emanating from the engine and immediately fire erupted engulfing the front portion of the bus, Mahankali Police Station Inspector K Satyanarayana told PTI.
“The passengers immediately got down and the locals informed the fire department and one fire engine was deputed which extinguished the flames,” the Inspector said.
No one was injured, the Inspector said adding as per preliminary investigation short-circuit has been suspected to be the reason behind the fire incident. Probe is on.