Child dies after covering head with polythene cover tightly

A four-year-old boy died due to suffocation after he wrapped a polythene cover tightly around his head and face at Nizampet under Kukatpally police limits on Wednesday.

According to the information, Sriyaan, while playing with a plastic cover in his house, wrapped it tightly around his head blocking the nose and mouth completely. In an effort to remove the cover, it became tight resulting in the boy slip into unconsciousness due to suffocation. After finding the boy falling on the floor in unconscious state, the parents rushed him to a nearby hospital. The boy died during the treatment. (NSS)