Bulandshahr violence: Mob attacking, pelting stones at Police personnel surfaces

Meerut: The Bulandshahr violence’s video footage of angry mob throwing and pelting stones at the police personnel, shooting ‘maaro, maaro’ has surfaced on the internet exclusively shared by HT.

The recent killing of an on-duty police inspector Subodh Kumar Singh and civilian Sumit during a violence that broke on Monday in Mahaw village of the district has created controversy.

While Sumit can be seen shot in his chest, the inspector was later found lying unconscious on the ground in the video footage.

The attackers can be seen shouting and marching towards the inspector after Sumit was shot.

They are heard shouting “chheen lo bandook iski (snatch his gun)” and then the inspector is seen lying on the ground.

Another video footage doing the social media rounds shows the angry mob attacking a jeep in which three policemen tried to take the injured inspector for treatment.

As the angry mob could not be controlled the injured inspector was abandoned by his colleagues and seen hanging from the back seat of the police jeep.

The recent video shows Kumar along with other attackers pelting stones t the police.

Kumar can be seen leading the unruly mob shouting and hurling abuses at police personnel and just after a while, he is seen with a bullet wound on his chest, while two to three people are taking him away from the spot.

So far the police has not confirmed the authenticity of these videos doing internet rounds.

The Special Investigation Team (SIT) is proving the matter said a senior police officer privy to the investigation.

While Sumit’s father Amarjeet Singh says he did not see the video in which his son can be seen pelting stones, he maintains that whatever was being shown in the video was fake.

The Chingrawathi village Pradhan Ajay Kumar has also said he did not come across any such video.

Superintendent of police city Praveen Ranjan Singh said this video, will be verified like other videos they have received regarding the incident.
Tensions boiled on Sunday night after a few carcasses of cow were found lying near Mahaw by the local villagers.

The very next morning around 11am, protests against the alleged cow slaughter erupted in the region by the so-called cow vigilantes who went on a three-hour rampage, clashing and pelting stones at the security forces, setting vehicles and a police post on fire in Bulandshahr.