Boy treated for human cumbustion condition dies

Villupuram: A one-year-old child, treated for Spontaneous Human Cumbustion (SHC) condition last year, died allegedly after vomiting in his native village in this district, police said today.

Sanjay of Nedumozhianur vomited last night and was rushed to premier health institute JIPMER in Puducherry on the advice of local doctors. However, he died on the way to the hospital, they said.

The child was buried late last night, police added.

Sanjay was suffering from the problem of ‘catching fire’ and had been treated at the Kilpauk Medical College Hospital in Chennai in January last year as a new born.

However, doctors at the hospital had then said the boy did not have any health problem and discounted the possibility of SHC.

Incidentally, Sanjay’s elder brother Rahul was also treated for similar complaint and had recovered now, police said.