New Delhi : Summer’s knocking the doors, so get set with all your flowy-dresses to show-off your glowing skin.
But the only hurdle is it is the most difficult period to maintain a healthy, blemish-free skin as most people experience sudden acne breakouts due to excessive sun exposure.
Many of us rely on sunscreen to save our skin from the harmful UV rays. But do you know these sun-blocks can clog your pores, making them oily, setting a breeding ground for bacteria?
Excessive sweating during summers and exposure to the sun can aggravate the problem of acne, especially among people with sensitive skin.
Hence, Dr Megha Shah, cosmetologist at Beauty & Curves Clinic, Surat, came up with these solutions to beat summer acne like a pro!
– Say ‘NO’ to Acnegenic Foods: No matter how often you crave for those ice creams, chocolates, cakes, and pizzas if you want to take control over your acne say no to sugars and refined flour. Certain sea-foods and fatty food can also flare up acne.
– Avoid Food that causes Constipation: A fiber-rich diet including citrus fruits, melons and sprouts work wonders for your gut. A properly functioning excretory system prevents constipation and results in a clean, clear face.
– Watch that Cleansing Routine: During Summers, a lot of dirt and oil gets accumulated on the face; do not forget to wash your face at least twice a day. Use a good exfoliant once a week to shed off dead skin and clean your pores gently. You have to be an ardent follower of a cleansing routine to banish acne during summers. A salicylic acid-based facemask is great to sooth your acne-prone skin. Tea tree oil is also great to avoid acne.
– Change Your Moisturizer: Moisturizing your skin in summers is as important as moisturizing it in winters. Therefore, choosing the right lotion is a big task! Always go for gel-based lotions that don’t make your skin greasy. A non-comedogenic product (that doesn’t clog your pores) should be selected to avoid acne.
– Look out for specific Ingredients in your products: Retinol, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide are some great ingredients to control acne especially in summers. A regular application of night cream with any of these products is a good idea.
– Early Treatment is the key: In case you feel that acne has aggravated beyond your control, you should visit a dermatologist immediately. Depending on the severity of the problem the doctor will suggest advanced procedures like peels that replenish your skin from within or laser treatment such as non invasive Venus Viva that can support curing active acne and associated flaws.