4 men electrocuted, 1 injured in Bijnor

Bijnor: Four men were electrocuted and one seriously injured when they came in contact with low- hanging electrical wires in the fields of Vijay Nangla village here.

The incident took place yesterday when the five men made an attempt to tighten the loose electrical wires.

The five men were rushed to the CHC here from where four of them were referred to Moradabad where they were declared brought dead.

The deceased have been identified as Mukesh, Mahesh, Jai Dev and Monu. Parvendra was referred to Bijnor Hospital where his condition is stable.

On getting information about the incident, District Magistrate Jagar Raj, ADM Madan Singh Babaryal, Executive Engineer (Hydel) Rajeev Garg and SHO Noorpur, Satendra Kumar reached the village.

The DM assured the deceased’s family members of all possible help from the government.

The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.

Junior Engineer (Hydel) Dharmendra Kumar said the deceased had neither complained of the hanging loose wires over their fields nor requested for a shut down of electricity supply before tightening the wires.