Crime and Accident

3 of family electrocuted in Aligarh

3 of family electrocuted in Aligarh
Electrocuted man in a home accident where the man tried to plug too much into a surge protector cord.

Aligarh: Three members of a family including two women were electrocuted today when they came in contact with a live wire while trying to pump out rain waters from their house here.

Meera Devi (55), her son Nitin (30) and daughter Kirti (23) were electrocuted in Gular road colony in old city in Delhi Gate area here, a spokesman of the district administration said.

The three were trying to pump out rain waters accumulated in their house when a live wire fell into the water, police said.

Overnight showers have wreaked havoc in most parts of the old city with a large number of houses getting water-logged.

As news of the incident spread, a large number of people gathered at the victims’ house and protested against the civic authorities for their failure to prevent water-logging in the city after the season’s first moderate showers.