13-year-old Hamza electrocuted while playing in park

NOIDA: A CCTV footage of 13-year-old boy electrocuted while playing in park in Noida sector 82 has gone viral.

According to Indian Express reports, the incident took place around 7.30 pm on Wednesday in Swarnim Vihar housing society when the boy Hamza Qadir with his friends went to play football in the park.

In the viral video footage, the moment he tried to sat on a raised platform, Hamza suffered an electric shock, collapsed with a jerk and became motionless.

“It was raining lightly that evening. The boy, after getting water, sat down near the pole with his bottle and leaned against it. He received an electric shock and was immediately rushed to the hospital,” said a neighbour.

Hamza, a class VII student of Indrapastha Global School had went to drink water minutes before the incident. Hamza’s father Harun Qadri, works in Qatar. His mother Irfana couldn’t believe that her son was electrocuted.