New Delhi: A 22-year-old youth suffered burn injuries after his car suddenly caught fire near Sir Ganga Ram hospital in central Delhi, police said today.
The injured youth, identified as Sushant, had gone to central Delhi to attend UPSC coaching classes last evening.
The fire, suspected to be caused by a short-circuit, in Sushant’s Hyundai i10 car broke out when he was returning home after classes, DCP (Central) Parmaditya said.
Teams of fire officials and police were rushed to the spot and Sushant was taken to a hospital where he was admitted with ten per cent burn injuries.
His condition was later reported to be stable, the official said.
However, no police case was registered in connection with the incident, the DCP said.
Sushant had graduated from Delhi University earlier this year.