New Delhi: This wedding season, gift your near and dear ones something that they would not throw away.
Try gifting a perfect post-wedding date, a romantic getaway or a couple of spa sessions instead of buying banal presents that get exchanged or passed on to others.
Here are gifting tips for this wedding season by Manoj Agarwal, co-founder, Giftxoxo.
* The perfect post-wedding date: Usually a big fat Indian wedding takes a major toll on the couple. Gift them a perfect break like a romantic dinner date or an indulgent Sunday brunch. It will help them reconnect as a couple and relish their best memories from the wedding days over some lip-smacking gourmet delights.
* A romantic getaway: Gift the newly-weds a truly pampering experience at a romantic lodge, a sprawling resort or a heritage hotel nearby. You can also opt for a beach-facing resort where the couple can be with just themselves. The idea is to facilitate an experience wherein the two can simply let their hair down, chill by the pool or the beach, indulge in some good food and come closer together.
* Couple’s rejuvenation sessions: This one’s all the rage in the west. On anniversaries, people prefer gifting their loved ones a session at a spa or a massage centre. A couple’s massage can be just the therapy that the newly-weds need.
* Culinary classes for two: Gift this experience to the new couple and let them discover things about one another while exploring the finer nuances of the culinary art together. Cooking workshops or even wine tasting and pairing experiences can be just the kind of change and excitement that newly weds seek.
* Adrenaline rush for the adventure junkies: If the couple in question is the adventure-loving variety then your task is really simple. Present them things like horse riding, jeep safaris, rock climbing expeditions, rappelling to target shooting and even hot air ballooning.