Hyderabad: Three persons were electrocuted and another sustained injuries when an electric wire fell on their vehicle in Adilabad district of Telangana during immersion of Lord Ganesha idols, police said today.
The incident occurred between Pipri and Lakanpur villages under Indervelli Police Station limits at around 11 PM last night, Utnoor DSP Venkateshwarulu told PTI over phone.
“Instead of using generators during immersion procession, the villagers were directly connecting wire to electric poles,” he said.
“After the immersion programme got over, one of the live wire fell on a vehicle in which four persons were travelling.
Three of them succumbed to their injuries while being shifted to a hospital,” the DSP said.
Police said investigations are underway.