– You have tremendous academic breadth and can straddle multiple subjects more importantly you can create a team with complementary skills who can straddle these subjects a team of folks who understand the subject enough to edit it really well and you can build this kind of team.
– You can tear down a product into its expected editing specifications (that are goal oriented and actionable) and develop processes to ensure content reviews (macro and micro) processes that can handle tremendous expectations of scale and quality – processes that have technology as their bedrock.
– We know that processes can sometimes not be enough you can marshal resources to ensure deliverables on time when required more importantly you know when it is good enough to ship and park any changes required for the next version.
– Leading the Content Review team, you are aware of how SMEs are often in love with their content – you understand that and are able to have their buy-in for ensuring goals are met. Also you are able to network with SMEs and source good authors for our products.
– Your editing chops are obviously, world-class but much of your time will go in nurturing an amazing review/editing team. But once in a while when you do the review, you set the standards that impresses your team.
– Your IT skills are above average, you are very comfortable with the usual word processing and design programs plus you have the attitude to tinker around with new programs to learn them
– You obviously understand the academic goals but you are also aware of the end-user’s experience and the overall business goals – you take feedback of your work and incorporate it into the next versions and you are confident of delivering an extra zing.
– You have hefty editing experience with the best companies out there but deep inside you are disappointed with the current state of the publishing world You are aware of the new stuff happening out there.
– You want to incorporate them and yet you are also pragmatic about how new stuff gets incorporated. You can make innovation feasible!
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Education / Teaching / Training
Functional Area:Journalism , Editing , Content
Role Category:Content Development
4 – 9 yrs Hyderabad / Secunderabad , Pune
Content Review Manager Content Management Content Writing word processing
Desired Candidate Profile
UG: Any Graduate – Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate – Any Specialization, Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required