New Delhi: Dress like a diva and add bags, handbags and clutches to complete your feminine look this festive season, says an expert.
Anuj Lalwani, creative stylist at fashionandyou.com, a flash website in the fashion and lifestyle space, has shared tips to help you to be the most stylish person this festive season.
* Dress like a diva: Your ensemble is the most eye-catching aspect at any family gathering. That’s why it’s imperative that you choose one which is embedded in the current design trends. Try traditional Indian attire with some voguish western infusions. Pair your Salwar Kameez with a long, embellished jacket or try out fashion-forward outfits that combine ghera dhoti pants or skirts with peplum tops.
* Impress with arm candy: Bags, handbags and clutches complete your feminine flourish and also speak volumes about your attention to detail. Ornate wristlets are all the rage this season. The box clutch is still in but with a new avatar. A more rectangular, sleeker clutch is what you should be seen with this year. Saddle bags and sling bags remain trendy and if you don’t wish to invest in one which is particularly traditional, just get one in plain silver, gold or beige that will also go well with your western party outfits post the festive period.
* Strut in stylish shoes: Nobody understands the love for beautiful shoes more than a woman. They can instantly up your glamour quotient and add that necessary razzmatazz to your festive look. Simple stilettos with a little glittery panel, studded wedges or even embellished court shoes can go a long way in enhancing the overall appeal of your ensemble.
* Mesmerize with the right make-up: Red or berry coloured lips and flushed cheeks are the perfect way to get that gorgeous glow on your face. Swap the regular metallic shades of gold and silver with bronze when it comes to eye shadow. It really warms up the face and gives it a nice freshness.
* Captivate with your curls: Soft curls and bohemian waves remain a favourite this festive season. If you want to give your hairstyle more of a twist, you can opt for the wavy ponytail. You could also go in for ombre (blending of one color hue to another) highlights for your curls. Ensure that the highlights are in just one shade lighter than your natural hair colour. Create rumpled waves at home by spraying a volumiser on your damp hair and then blow drying it upside down.