Milk 4 kg
Milk Powder 1/2 cup (Rida Aftab had used Khoya 250 grams in 2 kg milk)
Condensed Milk 2 cans
Rice 2 cups
Sugar 1/2 cup (Rida used 1/2 cup for 2 kg, i also used 1/2 cup for 4 kg as didnt want too sweet due to condensed milk)
Kewra 2 tbsp (if using kewra essence then use only 5 to 6 drops)
Cardamom Powder 1 tsp
Almonds 2 tbsp (sliced with skin)
Pistachios 2 tbsp sliced
Saffron as required (not in Rida’s recipe but i used it)
Silver Paper 1 (optional – i didnt use)
1) Soak rice for 4 to 5 hours.
2) Then chop them in a chopper, dont make it into a fine paste.
3) Put milk on stove along with the rice. Let it boil.
4) Once boiling starts lower down the flame and let kheer be cooked on slow flame. Keep stirring every 5 minutes.
5) Once the milk thickens and you see rice rising on surface its time to add sugar, condensed milk, cardamom powder, saffron, amonds and pistachios. Stir them well.
6) Next add powdered milk while continously stirring to avoid lumps and kewra water and pour in to serving dish. This picture is before garnishing to show final texture of how thick the kheer should become.
7) Rabri Kheer is now garnished and ready to serve.