Friday , May 26 2017
Home / Lifestyle / Nitro-Jagermeister shots made teenager’s 18th birthday miserable

Nitro-Jagermeister shots made teenager’s 18th birthday miserable

London, Sept. 18 : An 18-year old was left in unbearable pain on her birthday, when she tried Nitro-Jagermeister shots at a bar in England’s Lancaster town and felt her stomach exploding.

Gaby Scanlon tried the shot at Oscar’s Wine Bar and Bistro, and smoke started coming out from her mouth and nose after drinking the 3.95 pound cocktail, the Daily Star reports.

The 18-year-old was rushed to the hospital for a surgery to save her life.

According to the doctors, there was a massive tear caused by liquid nitrogen in her stomach, due to which they had to remove the organ.

Gaby told the Preston Crown Court that the October 2012 incident had a devastating impact on her health, leaving her in constant pain, and called for the drink to be banned.

The bar was found guilty to failing in the duty of an employer to ensure the safety of persons not in its employment and the company admitted it failed to ensure the shot was safe for customers.

Now, Oscar’s must pay up to pounds 100,000 pounds after serving a teenager a liquid nitrogen and Jager cocktail which caused her serious illness.