Mumbai Cricket Association on Sunday lifted the ban on actor Shah Rukh Khan from entering the Wankhede Stadium.
The MCA took this decision during its managing committee meet.
The news was confirmed by MCA vice-president Ashish Shelar during his address to reporters.
“Today, in the MCA meeting, it was decided that the ban imposed on IPL’s Kolkata franchise owner Shah Rukh Khan should be lifted. With the prior approval of our President Sharad Pawar, it was proposed by me that the ban on him be lifted and the managing committee approved it unanimously. Therefore, the ban on his entry in the Wankhede Stadium has been revoked,” Shelar told reporters after the meeting here.
“Action had been taken against him when required and we felt it was not good to take it any further. The whole managing committee consented on it. We felt it would not look good to bar somebody like this,” Shelar said.
MCA had slapped a five-year ban in 2012 on the Bollywood superstar from entering the iconic Mumbai stadium over his alleged misbehavior at the ground.