Saturday , November 26 2016
Home / News / India / As Maggi clears the test, Lactogen ‘live insect’ put Nestle in trouble

As Maggi clears the test, Lactogen ‘live insect’ put Nestle in trouble

nestle

New Delhi:As Nestle India just got a go-ahead to pick up the production of their most prized product, Maggi, it landed in a fresh trouble as a live insect was found inside child nutrition powder Lactogen.

According to a report published in ABP News, the complainant, Sachin Sharma and Meenu Sharma had bought powder Lactogen boxes in bulk for their kid a few days ago. After making use of one carton of powder Lactogen, they opened the second carton and were shocked to find a live insect inside the carton.

They immediately phoned up a team of food and drugs department and lodged a complaint.

Upon receiving a formal complaint, the food and drugs department raided the shop in Ghaziabad for selling suspicious content to the public and sealed the stock after sending the samples for examination.

It is alleged that the child was in poor health after consuming the powder.

In June, the FSSAI had banned Maggi noodles after finding lead levels beyond permissible limits which is “unsafe and hazardous” for consumption.