Kolkata: The authorities have set up a probe panel following allegations that two babies died of overheating in a radiant warmer used in the state-run Medical College and Hospital Kolkata, an official said on Wednesday.
Admitted to the sick neonatal care unit, the infants died on November 21.
Their parents alleged that the babies died in the radiant warmer apparatus due to overheating caused by negligence of the hospital staff.
They also accused the hospital of misleading on the cause of the death in the death certificate.
“A probe team has been constituted which will submit its report to the state health department at the earliest,” said medical college principal Tapan Kumar Lahiri, who is heading the four-member probe panel.