Karnataka Home Minister KJ George on Friday apologised for his controversial remark that rape by two men is not gang rape. George told media here, “We have arrested the people who have committed the crime and strong action will be taken against them.”
The Karnataka Home Minister had earlier said that he does not consider a rape as ‘gang-rape’ unless more than two people are involved. “How is it a gang-rape if two people rape? Shouldn’t there be at least three or four people for it to be called gang rape?” George said in his reply while commenting on the alleged sexual assault of a BPO employee by two men in a tempo traveller.