Wednesday , December 7 2016
Home / News / Bangalore / Investigation into last year’s bomb blast still underway

Investigation into last year’s bomb blast still underway

karnatakaminister_6

Bengaluru :Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara today said the investigation into the bomb blast in front of a popular restaurant here last year in which a woman was killed and three others were injured is still underway to find out those responsible.

“Investigation is going on. Various matters have come to the notice of the (Home) department. All those are being verified,” Parameshwara told reporters here.

He said “once we have all those information that is required to complete the investigation in a given time, we will take action.”

The blast triggered by an Improvised Explosive Device placed in a potted plant had occurred outside the restaurant on Church Street on December 28 claiming the life of a 38-year-old woman who was on a visit to city from Chennai.

The case that was initially investigated by the city police was later handed over to the National Investigating Agency (NIA).

The investigation did not see any headway under the police even after they claimed to have zeroed in on some terror groups and sketches of suspects being drawn.

Police had even brought two suspects from Patna, who were charged with the serial blasts at Narendra Modi’s Hunkar rally in 2013 in the run-up to the Lok Sabha elections, for investigation in connection with the Church Street blast.

PTI