Global Technology Infrastructure Service Operations
GTI Service Operations are a global team which comprises of Distributed Server Services, Global Storage Technologies, product management, and middleware & messaging.
GTI-SO is responsible for managing the firm’s global storage portfolio, selected application services, data base management and server portfolio of 100K servers globally.
The GTI-SO Server Maintenance Team is a part of GTI Service Operations as a part of firms Cyber agenda Server Maintenance team is in-charge of maintaining a consistently configured environment that is secure against known vulnerabilities and defects in operating systems.
Through the provision of regular predictable maintenance access to the environment, GTI-SO Server Maintenance team is able to reduce incidents caused as a result of known vulnerabilities through the remediation of TVM and ESM breaks, high-uptime re-boots, OS level server patching and associated upgrades such as VM tools etc.
We are looking to extend our GTI-SO Server Maintenance team in response to a significant increase in the supported inventory baseline, and we welcome applications from experienced WINTEL SYSADMIN candidates with a proven track record of working in a high-pressure operational environment.
Number of Years of Experience: 3 – 9
1. Should possess strong Domain knowledge
2. Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
3. Effective written and verbal communication skills
4. Ability to develop strong client relationships
5. Ability to work under pressure
6. Work hours for this role would be 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM India Standard Time.
7. Working days would be Tuesday thru Saturday or Thursday thru Sunday (expect the resources to be flexible in shifts).
1. Will be part of production support team supporting health and compliance of all Windows physical and virtual servers globally
2. Troubleshooting operating system and server hardware issues for windows environment
3. Will be responsible for handling critical situations (Priority one issues)
4. Experienced SYSADMIN with strong trouble shooting skills gained in a break-fix role
5. Server maintenance including compliance break remediation and OS level patching (service pack, functional and CSIRT)
6. Supporting all service delivery resiliency, efficiency and Audit programs.
7. Following engineering standards and products which are integrated across the Windows physical and virtual platforms
8. Implementing, measuring, and improving all processes, procedures, and activities required to ensure maximum availability, utility, flexibility, and responsiveness of the production environment
9. Will be part of vendor engagement model.
10. Should be able to create run-books
1. Advanced knowledge on Windows 200x operating system
2. Advanced hardware knowledge on HP/Compaq/DELL/IBM systems
3. Should possess advanced knowledge and hands-on experience of cluster configuration and troubleshooting
4. Advanced knowledge of overall infrastructure technical knowledge & troubleshooting methodologies
5. Has good understanding of the following skills/Tools: Virtualization, Monitoring tools like Tivoli, NETSNMP and HPSIM etc.
6. Should have very good understanding of security best practices for multi-tiered operating systems
7. Working experience of backup process, system monitoring, performance tuning, disaster recovery and scripting/automation for Windows based OS.
8. Experienced in Windows server OS patching
9. Good Scripting knowledge
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:IT Software – Application Programming , Maintenance
automation production support configuration microsoft ccna pm troubleshooting performance tuning middleware virtualization
Desired Candidate Profile:
UG: B.Tech/B.E. – Computers
PG:M.Tech – Computers
Doctorate:Any Doctorate – Any Specialization, Doctorate Not Required