MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Carry out an active program. Synthesize compounds, design novel synthetic routes to target molecules, and modify reactants and/or equipment as required. Solve the more complex chemical problems which arise in the group. Modern and classical organic chemistry, in both practice and theory, will be used adroitly by the incumbent.
2. Demonstrate leadership qualities and an above average performance in synthesis theory and practice
3. Contribute a routine flow of quality ideas for synthesizing target compounds. This will be evident by the level of productivity in the group.
4. Display expertise in spectroscopic identification and separation of organic compounds.
5. Communicate effectively in verbal and written form on research results, issues, and plans. Often this will involve close interactions with important customers.
1. Allocate the groups resources in accord with project priorities. The major portions of this allocation will be done after a discussion with Management.
2. Supervise the work of scientists assigned. This includes the responsibility for the appropriate motivation, education, efficiency, evaluation, and productivity of the scientists.
3. Contribute to the overall management and function of the Company.
a. Support Company management, acting to alleviate subordinates concerns.
b. Discuss with Company management any issues of concern, as well as possible solutions, especially regarding improvement of technical capability, morale, and productivity of the Departments scientists.
c. Stimulate appropriate cooperative efforts on important scientific projects between groups.
1. Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
2. Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels.
3. Set an example for subordinates and coworkers by exhibiting a high level of professionalism, enthusiasm, dedication, and productivity.
4. Participate in continuing education courses and/or scientific meetings to improve knowledge and skills in pertinent scientific and managerial fields, as appropriate.
5. Assist in the operation of the Company outside of the above description, when necessary. Suggest ideas to improve the operation and procedures of the Company. Volunteer to assist with tasks not directly related to specific projects.
6. Publish scientific work, maintain useful external contacts, and participate in professional societies in a manner which will bring forth useful information and enhance the scientific reputation of both the Group Leader and the Company.
7. Assist in the recruitment of all levels of scientists.
8. Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Pharma / Biotech / Clinical Research
Functional Area:Medical , Healthcare , R&D , Pharmaceuticals , Biotechnology
Medicinal Chemistry Organic Chemistry group leader CRO contract research
Desired Candidate Profile:
UG: B.Sc – Any Specialization
PG:M.Sc – Any Specialization
Doctorate:Ph.D – Chemistry
Ph.D. in Chemistry
Minimum of 7 to 9 years experience in CRO. Preferably with Postdoc experience
Must have managed team.
Albany Molecular Research, Inc.( amri )