Washington: Pakistan on Wednesday said it has handed over to the US three “dossiers”, which it claims to contain “evidence” about India’s role in “subversive activities” in that country, nearly a month after it gave such an alleged document to the UN which paid no heed to it.
The dossiers were handed over to the US side by Pakistan’s National Security Advisor Sartaj Aziz, a statement issued by the Pakistan government here.
The statement came after US Secretary of State John Kerry met Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif here.
“Kerry was briefed about the destabilising role of Indian agencies in FATA, Balochistan and Karachi,” said the statement.
Pakistan had earlier said that it had handed over such a dossier to the UN. However, the world body has paid no heed to the allegation.
India has been rubbishing Pakistan’s allegation, maintaining that it has no role in the unrest in Balochistan, Karachi or FATA.
The Pakistani statement said Sharif apprised Kerry of his commitment to seek normalisation of ties with India and efforts to improve relations with Afghanistan.
It said Kerry commended the “significant gains” achieved by ‘Operation Zarb-e-Azb’ of Pakistan against terrorist groups in the restive northwest border region.
The statement claimed that Kerry appreciated Sharif’s commitment to promoting peace and security in the region and reaffirmed US support to work with Pakistan in this shared objective.
Kerry emphasised that Pakistan’s role in taking the reconciliation forward was critical to stabilising war-torn Afghanistan, it added.
It was further agreed that enhanced coordination among regional countries would be imperative to address these emerging threats to international peace and security, it said.
During the meeting, Sharif informed Kerry about his peace initiative contained in his statement at the recent session of the UN General Assembly. He underlined his commitment to contribute towards promoting peace in south Asia.