New Delhi: As soon as the winter season approaches, we fill our wardrobe with knitted sweaters and more. But it is also important to keep our bodies warm from inside. So stock up ginger, honey and nuts to beat the chill.
CyberChef food specialist Shilpa Gupta shares a list of five foods that will keep you warm:
* Ginger: Ginger reduces high cholesterol level and hence is the best choice to keep the body fit during winters. With its antibacterial properties, it is also helpful in treating cough and cold that is quite common during this season. It can be chewed raw daily or can be added to soup or any other dishes to enhance the flavour.
* Honey: It is instrumental in combating cold, flu or cough during winter. Even if it is sweet, honey doesn’t add calories and is also beneficial in keeping the body warm.
* Nuts: A variety of nuts like peanuts, walnuts and almonds is the best source of good cholesterol, vitamins, fibre and Omega-3 fatty acids. They make for essential snacking during winters, as they are naturally hot food items.
* Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a wonderful spice to shield you from the dipping temperatures. Add it to any cooked dish or to soup and salad to add flavour or use it while making warm beverages like tea.
* Garlic: Its antibacterial properties keep one away from the common winter diseases like cold, cough and throat irritations. It keeps the cholesterol level in check, thus aiding good health during winters. One can have three to four garlic cloves daily or add it to cooked dishes for a flavoursome meal.