London: Tennis Australia on Tuesday said it will reach out to Bernard Tomic in the coming weeks to ‘ clear the talks’ with him and to reinstate him in the national team for the Davis Cup semi-final against Great Britain in September.
The 22-year-old player was arrested last week after he refused to turn down the volume at a hotel penthouse party. He was also accused of refusing to vacate his room after the alleged altercation with the hotel staff and police.
Tomic, who was omitted from the squad after the dispute, had claimed the Australian tennis governing body did not support him, the BBC reported.
However, Tennis Australia president Steve Healy said Tomic’s criticisms were unjustified and he needs to hear that.
Healy added that Tennis Australia has given him fantastic support and they we want him to understand and appreciate this fact, adding that the body was ready to welcome him for the Davis Cup. (ANI)