Saturday , December 3 2016
Home / News / Delhi / EC rejects mahagatbandhan plea seeking ban on PM Modi’s ‘Mann ki baat’

EC rejects mahagatbandhan plea seeking ban on PM Modi’s ‘Mann ki baat’

mp modi

New Delhi, Sept. 18 : The Election Commission on Friday rejected the plea of the Congress and its alliance partners, who sought a ban on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Mann ki baat’ radio programme, alleging that it could be used to directly influence the outcome of the Bihar Assembly elections.

The Election Commision had earlier said that while no blanket ban could be imposed on the programme, it would take action if parts of the programme were found to be in violation of the model code of conduct now in place in Bihar.

The Congress had alleged that the ‘Mann ki Baat’ programme will be a violation of the model code of conduct ahead of the Bihar polls.

“We’ve given a petition to the EC seeking a ban on Prime Minister’s Mann ki Baat till the Bihar polls are over, as it will be a violation of the model code of conduct. We’ve requested the EC through a petition not to allow the broadcast of the Mann Ki Baat on 20th September,” Congress spokesperson Surjewala told media after meeting the EC. (ANI)