Jaipur: Doctors at the SMS Hospital successfully brought out a spoon from the stomach of an elderly man who had swallowed it while taking medicine, hospital sources said on Tuesday.
A 60-year-old man, who is under treatment for some mental illness, swallowed the spoon while taking medicine. He was rushed to SMS hospital where the doctors examined him.
“The spoon was taken out from the patient’s stomach successfully, through Endoscopy, a non-surgical procedure used to examine a person’s digestive tract.
“The spoon could have harmed his intestine but the procedure took place successfully on Saturday,” Dr SS Sharma, professor in the Gastroenterology department, SMS hospital said on Tuesday.
The patient was discharged the same day.